Diageo Commercial Manager Bosnia / Serbia & Mtn / Malta + Coastal Tourism (in Croatia) in Zagreb, Croatia
Job Description :
ABOUT THE ROLE
EPM Spirts operates in 30+ Distributor Partner markets across Eastern Europe and central Asia.
Cluster teams are in place and the Country Managers are accountable for leading Distributor Partners in specific countries to achieve brilliant execution of programs targeted to deploy fully aligned country business strategy in the mix of Tier1,2&3 markets in their territories.
This Commercial Mgr role will take responsibility for the NSV delivery of Tier 2 and 3 market across the Diageo spirits portfolio. These distributor partners execute the marketing, sales, and distribution activities for our brands, in accordance with our Global and Regional brand strategies. As such, Country and Commercial Managers have a high level of interaction and partnership with the key influencers in the markets.
Each Commercial Manager will need to operate with a wide stakeholder circle, aiming to co-ordinate and align with partners across the region, ensuring delivery of outstanding and ever-stretching performance.
The role has no direct reports but carries commercial and coordination responsibilities in relation to our distributors, our organisation internally, and to the external marketplace.
1. Inspire, develop, and manage the wider organization of distributor relationship to aid in delivering outstanding and ever-stretching performance.
2. Facilitate the development of excellent Integrated Business plans, by ensuring that distributor commercial force works fully in accordance with guidelines and strategies of Diageo EPM strategy.
3. Act as the external face of Diageo in the designated markets.
4. Market Expertise & Country Development: attend regular in-market visits to gather specific insights and opportunities into channels, efficiency of distributor sales force and use of wholesale; contribute constructively in the development of country portfolio, channel trade strategy and innovation strategy; perform monthly and quarterly business reviews with distributors to ensure performance and plans are on track.
5. Deliver Great Results: own the Country P&L for Tier 2 and 3 markets, with Country Manager coaching, responsible for delivering AOP target.
6. Control and compliance: ensure control and compliance of distributors’ activation in respect to Diageo Marketing code and Code of business conduct across the region; track and control the effectiveness of marketing spend; work with finance partner to ensure sound credit control; lead S&OP agenda with partners; leverage Centre of Excellence for standardised and automated reporting and analytics
7. Executional Excellence: develop close collaboration with Diageo Country Managers and Marketing teams, as well as Trade Marketing and Sales teams in distributor organizations; ensure proper M&E to track performance, capture learnings and support Country managers to influence Partners to achieve contractual performance and consumer KPIs.
At least 5 years’ rounded business experience, comprising preferably of commercial experience. Experience in another function, e.g. Finance, Marketing, and Strategy will be considered as a plus
Proven track record of operating as a self-starter in an environment in which you are required to be self-sufficient.
Cross-cultural experience is an advantage
Developing market experience is an advantage
Experience working with 3rd party distributors / partners is preferable.
Top 3 functional capabilities for this role
Planning & Forecasting
Is able to co-create a JUPB 12-month rolling demand plan, based on customer activity impacts, baseline numbers and predicted uplifts
Coordinates and delivers the activity calendar
Working Cross Functionally
- Works (internally) cross functionally to decide with Country managers on the key customer/retail channel priorities and budget allocations using the JUBP process
- Can identify where and how additional value can be created for both the Partner and Diageo. Makes recommendations based on sound commercial understanding and customer, shopper, consumer insight to drive improvementsUses tools and analytical mechanisms to measure and evaluate individual and team performance
Diageo Leadership Standard (specific priority areas):
Build and sustain trust with others through real relationships
Demonstrate the kind of personal integrity that inspires others
Role model the Diageo Values
Bring the Diageo purpose to life
Be an ambassador for Diageo externally
Own the responsible drinking and corporate citizenship agenda
Create the conditions for people to succeed
Provide context to enable others to think, decide, and act
Build alignment; commit to outstanding teamwork
Consistently deliver great performance
Demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance
Make a difference, judge where and when to intervene
Ensure controls are in place to guarantee Diageo’s performance and reputation
Stay focussed on priorities, demonstrate rigour and brilliant execution
- Demonstrate self-awareness and knowledge of strengths and development needs
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of personal and professional background, values and worldview.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 27,775 talented people . While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives , wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
What's your DRINKiQ? Take our quiz to understand how alcohol is made and explore the effects of drinking. You can discover everything you need to know on DRINKiQ website (https://www.diageo.com/en/in-society/drinkiq/alcohol-facts/) .
- Diageo Jobs