WindStream Communications Field Install & Service Tech ($17.50 Hr.) - Entry Level in Winder, Georgia
Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advance network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
*About the Role: *
Windstream’s team of Field Install and Service Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Field Install and Service Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. By providing technical expertise and customer support, our Field Install and Service Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
*What You’ll Do: *
- No Experience needed - Windstream’s training program will teach you how to install and repair residential and business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Learn to work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services to resolve the communications needs of customers.
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle.
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
*Do You Have? *
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour callouts.
High School Degree or GED equivalent
*Our Benefits: *
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
About US :
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
High School Graduate or GED Equivalent required. Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the equivalent in work experience desired.
Primary Location: *US-Georgia-Winder
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 21004034
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs