American Equity Sr. Administrative Assistant - Corporate in West Des Moines, Iowa
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Corporate
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for providing administrative assistance to senior and/or executive leader(s). May also provide support to other staff as necessary. Works under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and edits reports, correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents such as charts, diagrams, and summary tables using MicroSoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel and/or Word.
• Manages and maintains senior leader(s)’ calendars, schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements.
• Arranges and coordinates meetings and events, including but not limited to, preparing agendas, securing outside vendor assistance, meeting location, food/beverage orders, etc.
• Records & transcribes meeting minutes.
• Prepares executives for daily schedule.
• Opens and sorts executive’s mail.
• Monitors, responds, and distributes incoming communications.
• Answers and manages incoming calls.
• Reviews, processes and approves invoices and assists with expense management.
• Files and retrieves documents and reference materials; may lead file retention efforts.
• Receives and interacts with incoming visitors.
• Interacts professionally with external customers and internal staff at all levels.
• Coordinates project based work.
• May provide administrative support to other leaders.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three (3) years of experience providing support to senior leadership; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the job.
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels in the organization.
• Strong customer service orientation and professional presence.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to multi-task, answering phones, directing visitors and performing other administrative work.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Basic mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform
other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.