Goldman Sachs & Co. BoltWeb DevOps Engineer - Bolt Web Platform in Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’sability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venuesaround the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, Develop and Maintain SDLC and runtime services and tools.
• Become an SRE Champion, SDLC and Kubernetes runtime expert on the team and share this expertise.
• Help to define and improve runtime / SRE related OKRs such as improving service elasticity, resiliency and recovery times.
• Help to define and improve SDLC / Continuous Delivery OKRs such as increasing release cadence and reducing incident rates
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Honour’s degree in STEM subject
• Demonstrable programming expertise in at least 1 language ( equating to roughly 3+ years’ experience )
• 2+ years working on Docker based services running in a cloud environment
• Great communication skills – as daily coordination with our global team is essential.
• Desired, not required!
• Experience with configuring monitoring and alerting solutions ( e.g. Prometheus, PagerDuty )
• Experience with configuring service mesh solutions (e.g. Itsio )
• Experience with Kubernetes networking configuration ( e.g. Contour / Envoy )
• Experience with infra as code (e.g. Terraform / Kustomize )
• Exposure to large scale SOA Java deployment
• Exposure to Kafka, Elastic Search
• Experience in Continuous Delivery / DevOps / agile methodologies
• Familiarity with Linux bash scripting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHSAt Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at .We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitFICC Technology