Aon Corporation Retirement Consultant – Fixed Term Contract (12 months) Cork in United States
Retirement Consultant – Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Role level 6
Retirement & Investment
Our Retirement and Investment solutions business is a global leader in human resource consulting and outsourcing solutions. For us, clients are key and the expertise of our people is second to none. In Ireland we provide clients with distinctive value through an industry-leading portfolio of products and services in actuarial, investment, general consulting and pension’s administration. We align to a Global structure and work to develop methodology, practices and services to exceed our Client’s needs.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the Role:
As an experienced Retirement Consultant you will be joining the Consulting Practice based in the Cork office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Take full responsibility for the efficient client service delivery (inc. quality, time management & budgets) for an allocated portfolio Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution clients.
- Lead and deliver on larger projects for your portfolio and assisting in various projects within the Practice.
- Provide expert, timely, efficient and professional delivery of services in line with our client servicing model.
- Leading and delivering key client engagements and serving as strategic advisor on areas of expertise, implementation of change, communications and ongoing governance
- Ensure fees are reviewed and assume responsibility for prompt resolution or escalating of servicing issues if they arise
- Responsible for managing clients’ expectations, seeking feedback on servicing where appropriate
- Proactively contribute thought leadership to clients and for the development of the Retirement Business
- Collaborate with the Administration teams to ensure client requirements are completed within agreed time periods
- Interact with Actuaries, Investment Consultants and Administration teams to compile relevant reports for Pension Managers and Trustees as required
- Actively participate in all team meetings (including technical meetings) providing updates on developments, and involving others in identifying service improvements where appropriate.
- Seek, attract and assist with any new business prospects from both existing clients and new clients
- Review and grow revenues from your portfolio and participate in new business presentations as required
- Proactively Identify and refer cross selling opportunities within the Aon Group
- Contribute to the Priorities Group, and providing suggestions for more streamlined and efficient client management.
- Collaborating with and supporting other Consultants in knowledge sharing and problem solving
- Other relevant requirements as requested
- You will possess current industry knowledge and trends coupled with sound technical capability
- You will demonstrate the ability to implement new ideas and/or adjust existing solutions that meet client's needs
- Possessing the ability to effectively plan and deliver client service to multiple clients within agreed financial budgets and timelines
- You will develop sustainable partnerships across the business and with our clients to drive profitable client retention and growth.
- You will be self – motivated and proactively engage with clients and colleagues
- You will demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills building long term relationships with a client centric approach
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must hold a minimum QFA, or IIPM Professional Qualification with up to date CPD, and in compliance with any regulatory requirements relevant to the role.
- Minimum 3 years direct relevant industry experience required
- Prior Consulting experience is essential in leading large clients
- Proven track record in delivering results to clients, through the effective management of teams is required
- Prior project management experience
- Experience in delivering large projects or implementations.
What you can expect from us:
- Easily accessible in the Cork Airport Business Park, with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.