DHL Express, Inc. Duty Security Manager in Bahrain
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come join our Insanely Customer Centric Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
• Uphold effective security policies to ensure that DHL’s staff, assets and customers shipments are protected. Manage and Control Security operations as well as the teams and equipment to pro-actively identify, develop and implement practices, policies and procedures that will ensure DHL remains the leader in provision of security to our employees, customers, DHL assets and information.
• DHL Bahrain is one of the global hubs in the DHL network, with throughput volume reaching 35 Million shipments a year. The job holder has to manage and ensure secure, reliable and consistent hub operations in regard to our customers’ shipments. Managing a team of 60 people (and sub-contractors), the Duty Security Manager is required to lead the team in securing the hub services in line with the Global SOPs.
• Support and assist the Security Manager in the improvement and enhancement of security of the facilities, shipments & assets to satisfy customer’s needs.
• Provide daily update on major security events.
• Plan the daily shift resources and execute daily task activities.
• Assist Security Manager as and when required.
• Ensure Compliance to Global SOP & Aviation Security requirements.
• Prepare Daily Shift Reports.
• Provide security support to maintain a secure network to meet customer needs.
• Ensure all shipments are being protected in compliance with the network standards.
• Ensure the manning level is adequate and that all activities meet operational security standard and GSOP & regulatory compliance.
• Monitor the security services provided and maintain a monthly performance report.
• Establish professional liaison to ensure strong links are maintained between DHL and Law Enforcement, Security Officials, Local Authorities & Regulatory Bodies.
• Manage smooth relationship with Customs Authorities and report discoveries of any contrabands during the screening process.
• Ensure security screening standards are being adhered to 100%, which includes BCAA/RA3 screening requirements and other security screening required.
• React promptly to inquiries directed from Customer Services, ensuring all shipment related queries are investigated and conclusions communicated.
• Ensure all inquiries and services requests from DHL customers are handled on time with high quality standards.
• Support Operations for value added services in order to meet customers’ requirements.
• Enlist the support of all DHL staff at BAH Hub, Country Office & Mail Distribution Centre to ensure that DHL’s environment is safe and secure.
• To provide necessary assistance to the security management as and when it is required.
• Report to Security Manager on all security related matters and to support the team at all times.
• Ensure compliance to security procedures & processes, DHL/TAPA standards and regulatory requirements.
• Consistently monitor access control database and perform quarterly reviews.
• Manage HRIS for employees leave, bonus & overtime.
• Extract and analyse monthly TIP reports.
• Coordinate shift operations to meet operational demands upholding high quality standard, complying to Global SOP/ TAPA/IOSA/RA3/BCAA/BAC regulations.
• Co-ordinate Hub, Country Office & Mail Distribution Centre security activities and ensure compliance of DHL staff and sub-contractors with security procedures as specified in the Regional Security Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Initiate, co-ordinate and conduct security related investigations such as losses and other security incidents relating to DHL assets, personnel and shipments carried by DHL.
• Respond accurately and make prompt and effective decisions to address any issues encountered during the shift operation.
• Meet with duty Security supervisors to discuss operations execution plan and resource allocations.
• Monitor operations to ensure security regulations and standard operating procedures are met and have been implemented.
• Conduct Daily Shift Briefing and ensure close communication and co-ordination between different functions to maintain high levels of security.
• Responsible for maintaining the FTE expenses as a result to optimum the usage of manpower.
• Regularly coordinate security equipment checks to initiate proactive maintenance in cases of potential failure.
• Ensure regular maintenance of equipment to guarantee 100% operational effectiveness 24 x 7 / 365.
• Enforce the shipment security measures and controls.
• Ensure compliance to regionally accredited industry bodies such as TAPA.
• Provide input and participate in the reporting of security incidents into the database.
• Prepare and analyse the database information for the production of regular reports on shipment and other security incidents, including Dangerous Goods. Where appropriate, recommend and initiate actions to investigate and resolve significant security incidents as they occur.
• 100% case input of SCMS cases and compliance to SCMS business rules.
• Provide support to comply with the Aviation security requirements of local authorities.
• Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department. Plan, organize and direct and efficient and effective functional department.
• Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
• Consult performance appraisal.
• Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
• Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a high performing work force. Ensure all essential Refresher Training requirements are fulfilled on time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Experience as an Ex-Police, Airport Security or Armed Forces personnel, and 5-7 years’ experience as Staff Sergeant, Inspector or above in any force/police.
• 5-7 years’ experience as Security Supervisor & above in transportation & logistics industry.
• Self-motivated and capable of doing security and other related projects.
• Minimum of a Diploma degree or similar.
• Sound investigative record.
• General PC expertise (Windows environment, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access).
• Fluent in Arabic and English, both verbal and written; any other language is an asset, but not essential.
DHL Express, Inc.
- DHL Express, Inc. Jobs