AbbVie Clinical Research Associate in Belgium
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter (https://twitter.com/abbvie) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AbbVieGlobal) , Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/abbvie/?hl=en) , YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbVie) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbvie) .
Job purpose and objectives:
To enable AbbVie’ s emergence as a world class R&D organization, the position plays a key role in ensuring successful protocol level execution of SMM deliverables involving startup, execution, and closeout of studies.
• For assigned sites/study(s), ensure successful protocol level execution of SMM deliverables involving startup, execution, and closeout. Ensure site related study execution including but not limited to monitoring visits, site evaluations, site selection, and activation, and monitoring close out and visit reports. Anticipate and identify site issues that could affect timelines and develop alternative solutions.
• Ensure clinical trial management systems containing all site-specific information are maintained and kept current. Provide Local regulatory and legal requirement expertise.
• Ensure timely payment execution for the assigned sites/study(s) according to the clinical study agreements and as per local requirements.
• Ensure adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Monitoring Plans, and to quality standards in conducting clinical research. Stay abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies.
• Ensure audit and inspection readiness of assigned sites. Advise on preaudit activities for GCP requirements. Prepare and follow up site audits/inspections; provide input into the CAPA preparation.
• Be responsible for coaching and mentoring CRAs and providing input into their development. Responsible for mentoring CRAs for various aspects of work.
• May be responsible for being the country point of contact for CROs for an assigned study. May participate/lead in global/local task forces and initiatives. Responsible for activities as assigned by manager.
• Identify training needs, standardizing and facilitating training solutions for SMM monitors globally. Provide consistent best practice approach to onboarding, consolidating “lessons learned” across areas and incorporating into monitoring training materials, defining best practice training curriculum, and maintaining awareness of upcoming changes to ensure effective training is delivered in a timely manner.
• May be key point of contact in country/district for assigned study. Update Impact/Tesla with countrylevel information: Countrylevel planning timelines, LSR assignments, etc.
Required skills and c ompetencies
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives and make smart decision.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate persuasively and with clarity, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity.
Proactive, positive and team player, with a hands-on and result oriented attitude.
Strong working knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical research, be familiar with requirement and current attitudes of regulatory agencies, and have efficient writing skills.
Demonstrated business ethics and integrity.
Strong commitment, willing to take ownership of problems & solve problems
Innovate and explore alternative successful ways of working, processes and tools.
Excellent time management skills.
Education & Experience
Education: Bachelors or equivalent degree, health related (e.g. Medical, Scientific, Nursing, Pharmacy) preferred.
Strong Site Monitoring Experience.
Fluent in English, French, Dutch.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- AbbVie Jobs