UnityPoint Health RN Hospice Consultant in Urbandale, Iowa
UnityPoint At home
Monday thru Friday 8a-5pm, every 5th weekend on call coverage 8a-4pm
Full Time Benefits
The person will market 16 hours per week and the other 24 hours will be admissions or visit help. They will take call every 5th weekend at the hospital for new referrals. They are on call 8a-4p.
The Hospice Consultant is an expert at identifying patients who are eligible for hospice. The hospice consultant is able to have end of life conversations with patients and families to identify goals for care with a goal of transitioning into hospice care if appropriate.
% of Time
· Able to identify patient appropriateness for Hospice and understand all levels of Hospice care
· Perform patient admission to Hospice
· Expertise in having end of life conversations with patients and families.
· Responsible for looking at the individual needs of each hospice referral and matching those needs to UnityPoint Hospice as appropriate.
· Collaborates with the hospice leadership for marketing strategies to increase market share for UPAH.
· Specializes in all of the agency’s service lines, and is responsible for a basic knowledge of community services.
· Directs referrals to the appropriate service line.
· Coordinates incoming referrals from EPIC, patient/customers and physicians.
· Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
· Performs other duties as requested to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential customers and referral sources.
· Builds and monitors community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of UPaH as a high quality provider of services
· Maintain excellent customer service.
· Assists other team members as directed.
· Proficiency in complaint resolution.
· Informs clinical supervisor of any problematic referrals or services not approved by office, prior to communication with patient/referral source.
· Completes RLs for identified occurrences/complaints and communicates Clinical Supervisor.
· Participates in on call schedule to provide 24 hour coverage- makes emergency unscheduled visits during on call hours.
· Achieve completion of Patient Centered Care within one year of employment. Use the Person Centered Care philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate competency in selected Person Centered Care skills annually.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled, asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
· Understanding of Hospice Conditions of Participation. Specifically related edibility and Face to Face Requirements.
· Maintains a proficient knowledge of third party payer guidelines and relevant regulations.
· Explore all insurance coverage and options to maximize Hospice care.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses and valid license as a Registered Nurse.
2 years of Hospice experience.
Previous sales/marketing experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Strong problem solving skills.
Basic knowledge of computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, EPIC) and operations.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, third party payers, and members of their support services.
Demonstrates flexibility, priority setting, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiating and networking skills, decision-making, work delegation and organization, and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-100390
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- Operations- DM
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org