Aerotek Civil Engineer in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hours: 40 hour work week. OT is possible but not often, would depend on project deadlines. Travel is 15%. This includes travelling to visit project sites under construction, or team meetings that may be also on site or at other offices. Depending on location it could be driving or flying. These can be over night, usually for a night or two depending on the situation.
• Provide civil/structural engineering support for Transmission line capital projects,
• Work with project planners/sponsors, project leads and various stakeholders to develop the most effective design approach and solutions considering safety, cost, schedule, constructability, and operation and maintenance requirements
• Assist project leads in the development of functional and detailed scoping documents and cost estimates
• Assist project managers with the development and maintenance of line engineering activities and deliverables within Primavera P6 project schedules
• Work closely with consulting engineering firms contracted to perform transmission line and station engineering and design functions on select projects
• Provide support to construction and professional field service personnel to resolve issues and concerns during the construction phase of projects
• Provide project close-out data on projects as requested and conduct construction site meetings to determine lessons learned regarding technical issues and quality
• Collaborate with various departments during the course of the project
• Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
• Competence in the use of computer aided design software PLS-CADD
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Order material for construction.
• Create construction drawing packages
• Attend project and team meetings
• Perform site visits as needed
This is an entry level position for those with a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs