Magna Senior Product Manager, eLamination Core Stack in Troy, Michigan
Senior Product Manager, eLamination Core Stack
Job Number: 61765
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: GO Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Troy, MICHIGAN, US, 48083
Advancing mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And making it for everyone. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain. We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions for conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We’re making electrification more than a buzzword, we’re bringing it to the road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position
Key leadership role defining a portfolio of products that meets actual and future product requirements being commercially successful and profitable at the same time.
Define the Product Strategy & Portfolio and the Product Roadmap for assigned product portfolio based on legislation trends, market & industry trends, and customer input.
Define Gap closing projects covering Innovation, Building Blocks and Core Technologies, and series development and provide relevant input to develop the assigned product portfolio to meet future demands.
Monitor competition and their products and support benchmarking activities on vehicle, product and component level.
Own Project Acquisition by outlining product positioning, merit, and USP and facilitate customer meetings with convincing arguments ( merit) to initiate RFI & RFQ process.
• Define the Product Strategy & Portfolio and the Product Roadmap for eLamination Stack (Core Stacks) product portfolio based on various inputs (e.g. legislation trends, Magna fleet analysis, market & industry trends, and customer information);
• Identify relevant product trends and lead process of assessing new market opportunities for the product portfolio whether newly explored technologies or expansions of existing products into new regions; stimulates M&A activities as required to support the portfolio.
• Define gap closing projects covering Innovation, Building Blocks and Core Technologies, and series development and provide relevant input to develop the assigned product portfolio to meet future demands; define market critical attributes based on industry trends and MPT’s own assessment, volumes, and due dates; take the role of the internal customer for innovation technology, continuous tracking and review of innovation product properties and functionality against vehicle functional requirements, customer requirements (both written and “soft skill requirements”) and benchmark products.
• Monitor competition and their products and support and customize benchmarking activities relative to the assigned product portfolio on vehicle, product and component level; ensure information is used to drive decisions & action plans.
• Support project acquisition; advertise new solutions to the customer by outlining product positioning, merit and USP; strengthen sales impact by close cooperation with the customer regarding product function vs. OEM expectation, lead technical activities on eye level with the OEM to emphasize Magna`s engineering and product capabilities ensuring to leave the best possible picture at the customer; encourage customer interest and acceptance for new solutions, functionalities and technologies.
• Must uphold the Magna Employee’s Charter, MPT’s Quality Policy & practices, and safety practices.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 12+ years of experience (3-5+ years in a management role) in automotive engineering environment, including: product design, product development, and product validation (powertrain products and systems experience preferred) with a demonstrable track record of results. Extensive background with collaborative global engineering teams and/or foreign assignments strongly preferred. Interactive roles with strategic planning, business development, sales and marketing, finance, operations, program and project management a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, finance or related technical field required; engineering degree strongly preferred, Master’s in Engineering or MBA preferred.
• Strong understanding and involvement with product development, business case analysis, commercial issues, profit and loss analysis, financial reporting preferred.
• Excellent communication (verbal, spoken, & written), presentation, influencing and facilitative skills and ability to work collaboratively across all levels of leadership; strong technical, negotiation, and interpersonal skills; proven experience as a consensus builder & leader.
• Exceptional strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills; Ability to thrive in highly dynamic, time-sensitive, and collaborative environment; Strong business sense and the ability to quickly learn and analyze new markets.
• Proven deal making experience in joint ventures and/or other strategic alliances, M&A/due diligence is preferred
Customers and Business Interfaces
• MPT Sales, Engineering Business Development, Program Management & Product Managers
• OEM Customers
• MPT Manufacturing Plants
• Equipment Suppliers
• Raw Material Suppliers
• Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
• Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
• Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality
management system (IATF 16949).
• Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
• Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understands and enforces Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and rules.
o Involved in accident / incident investigation, reporting and corrective actions.
o Reviews safety incidents, memos, etc. with employees.
o Train new employees.
o Correct unsafe acts and conditions.
o Ensure use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
o Assess employee safety performance as part of performance appraisal.
• Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
• Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external
• Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
• Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.