Siemens R&D Control Center Testing in Tres Cantos, Spain
Job Family: Research & Development
Req ID: 394330
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are a collaborative, proactive group, learning every day, achieving quality products on time, overcoming challenges and aware of what we contribute to society. If you want to work on Generic products valid for any part of the world and work with international teams, this is the place for you.
We are leaders in cutting-edge technology for the Railway Signaling sector, developing innovative products and solutions for the satisfaction of its customers and that is why for the R&D Department, we want to join a tester Engineers who will be responsible for the testing and development of control system software, according to the design/product specifications.
Main functions and responsibilities:
• Assume assigned responsibilities during the software verification and testing phases.
• Requirements traceability throughout the product life cycle.
• Test specification aligned to requirements.
• Test Automation, programming capabilities for continuous integration and automatic testing execution.
• Working in an international and multidisciplinary team.
• Innovation and research on new technologies applied to products.
• Software engineer (Computer science, industrial, telecommunications or similar).
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in testing projects.
• Desirable experience in testing automation including scripting and using / configuring tools for automatic testing.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, Synergy.
• Knowledge of automatic testing and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube).
• Knowledge of requirements and traceability management tools (Doors, Confluence).
• Knowledge of assembly and maintenance of environments.
• Knowledge of SIL2 development techniques ( CENELEC 50128:2011 )
It will be assessed:
• Knowledge in Railway signaling environments.
• Knowledge in Control Centers products.
• Knowledge of AGILE software development methodology (SCRUM) and related tools (Jira, Gitlab, RTC).
• Knowledge of programming tools for automatic testing
• Knowledge in cloud and container architectures, dockers / kubernetes and related tools.
• Knowledge in Java, C++, or similar languages.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple geographic locations.
• Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Good level of technical English and Spanish, spoken and written.
• Exhaustive/meticulous/organized person
• A person with a spirit of innovation and with the motivation to develop research and development work in new technologies.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
- Siemens Jobs