Blue Foundry Bank Asst. Branch Manager I in Towaco, New Jersey
Summary: Responsible to assist Branch Manager with all aspects of the branch sales and operations in accordance to Bank procedures and banking regulations. Provide customers with exceptional financial support and advice while providing quality service. Conducts all Retail financial transactions, cross-sells bank products and services with the goal of deepening relationships. Is professional, knowledgably, and capable of working face to face with customers handling complex financial situations for customers. Is technologically savvy as it relates to Bank services. Displays a commitment to the community and to meeting the Bank’s objectives. Responsibility to include opening/closing branch and core system supervisor override authority.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years banking experience.
• A minimum of 2 years supervisory, sales, and customer service skills.
• Effective communication, interpersonal skills, customer service and sales skills.
•Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
• Demonstrates effective sales/service behaviors.
• Ability to speak with other with poise, and confidence.
• Ability to explain procedures, to understand both verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to interact with others in a positive manner.
• Knowledge of retail banking regulations and retail branch operations.
• Must be mobile to meet the needs of the business, working flexible hours in various branch locations.
Specific Job Functions:
• Assumes responsibility of Branch Manager in the absence of the Branch Manager, managing the customer experience, operations and sales activities, and employee development.
• Assist with training, role play, and coaching staff to consistently provide quality service to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Create environment conducive to developing long lasting relationships with customers
o Maximize customer satisfaction by delivering quality service.
o Engage customers to deepen relationships, gauge customer satisfaction
o Have strong understanding of Bank’s consumer and business products and services.
o Understand and listen to our customers and deliver appropriate consumer and business solutions.
o Is able to competently and confidently teach self-service options to customers
• Participate in branch activities planned by Branch Management.
• Assist with scheduling of branch personnel to ensure adequate staffing for maximum customer service and daily operations functions.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of various monthly audits, certifications, proofs, reconciliations, reports, and other duties as assigned in accordance to policy.
• Practice and display behaviors which are focused on achieving individual and branch goals.
• Open new accounts and related products/services; debit card, direct deposit, etc.
• Perform all teller related duties; including maintaining a cash drawer.
• Perform all activities related to the processing of various types of accounts and ensure compliance with application regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act regulations, Customer Identification Program and know your customer requirements.
• Promote the security and safety of all employees and customers by complying with the Security Program.
• Remain current and implement all bank policies and procedures in a timely manner, including Code of Conduct.
• Participates in business development efforts as assigned
• Working within Bank policy, preserve the security of all Bank assets
• Responsible to ensure the branch is opened and closed in compliance with procedures.
• Supervise vault operations, other cash drawer operations, and various areas of the branch adhering to dual control procedures.
• Handle customers with unique situations or in conflict with bank policies or procedures to ensure positive customer results. (Timely and adequate responses while maintaining the integrity of the Bank’s policies and quality service levels).
• Knowledge and understanding of Human Resource policies as set forth by the Bank.
• Assist in other areas of the bank/branch as assigned
All employees should have knowledge of bank’s procedures and its compliance as it pertains to their position.