Victory Packaging Maint MW Machinist Mechanic in Tacoma, Washington
Perform a variety of maintenance and repair activities which may involve mechanical, structural or rotating equipment support in a large pulp and paper mill. Seeking a minimum of 5 years’ experience with welding, bearing installation, alignment & rigging; preferably in a manufacturing environment. Perform preventative maintenance inspections, field assembly and repair mill equipment, and in-shop rebuilds of rotating assemblies. Experience with lathes, drill presses, milling machines a plus. Use a variety of both small and large hand and power tools, overhead cranes, hoists, man-lifts, forklifts and related tools and moving equipment. Uses fall protection devices as needed. Pay rates as per union contract.
The incumbent must demonstrate a basic level of skills in processes that may be outside of primary craft core competencies including:
· Performing scheduled and reactive corrective maintenance on production equipment
· Performing scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance on production equipment and facility assets
· Make new parts from prints, sketches or damaged parts
· Rebuild of rotating equipment
· Use CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to document job details
· Ability to work shift work or weekends as required
· Participate in meetings and training activities
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 5 years Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright or Machinist
· Ability to plan and prioritize, develop work schedules and conduct basic machine care
· Ability to work in a mill or shop setting supervised or unsupervised
· Excellent attitude toward safety
· Able to perform tasks requiring heavy lifting, climbing, walking outdoors and indoors including extreme heat and cold weather conditions
· Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Outside Machinist in an industrial/manufacturing environment
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- Victory Packaging Jobs