Northwell Health Registrar/Scheduler in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 11450
Performs a variety of clerical duties for the efficient functioning of department. Duties include, but are not limited to, physician's billing and collection functions, scheduling appointments for patients, registration, answering phones, taking messages, and compiling periodic statistical reports. Schedules appointments for patients within related ancillary departments/services, and doctors' offices.
- Performs all duties related to department registration including, but not limited to:
Greets patients as they arrive to suite, obtains necessary demographic and insurance information and records same
Sets up, retrieves and files charts/reports, as needed.
- Collects all monies due from patient at time of service and maintains daily, weekly and monthly records of fees collected.
- Schedules appointments for patients with ancillary hospital departments, service, and doctors' offices.
- Answers phones, obtains and provides necessary information and takes messages.Contacts various departments and clinical services, as needed.Types correspondence and relevant forms.
- Compiles statistics on a daily and monthly basis and prepares various statistical reports.
- Performs periodic and year-end account analysis, as necessary.
Performs other duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Must pass Site training program within the normal probationary period.
Minimum of six (6) months prior clerical experience, required.
Typing 35 wpm, required.
Ability to input data into computerized system and do simple arithmetic calculations, required.
Customer service skills, required.
- Northwell Health Jobs