Northwell Health Lab Technologist in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 105366
Performs clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and other tests pursuant to established protocols including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility.
- Performs assays of biological specimens according to established policies and procedures, utilizing specific instruments, equipment, reagents and techniques.
- Reviews patients' results and reports them within established turnaround time.
- Alerts supervisor to problems and / or unusual or critical results as they occur.
- Reviews 'critical' level results and notifies patients' doctor of same
- Maintains proper documentation of action taken.Maintains equipment in operating condition by performing routine preventive maintenance, including start-up and shut-down procedures of major instruments.Maintains proper documentation of these procedures.
- Performs and documents Quality Control Procedures.
- Treats proficiency test samples, with respect to receipt and analysis, in the same manner as patients' specimens.
- Follows the Laboratory's policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the Laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies, corrects and reports to management problems that may adversely affect test performance or results reporting
- Documents corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Troubleshoots equipment as necessary to correct malfunction.Maintains proper documentation of action taken
- Performs venipuncture on inpatients and/or outpatients, as required.
- Performs special test procedure as directed.
- Maintains cleanliness of workbench and surrounding area and follows established safety and infection control procedures.
- Assists in revision and update of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Occasional pushing, stooping, stretching, pulling, lifting ( objects 5 to 10 lbs)
Frequent standing, sitting, walking, carrying of small objects.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology or related science, preferred.
Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or as appropriate to area of assignment), required.
Minimum of one (1) year recent experience in clinical laboratory, required. Some computer experience, preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $47.45-$58.30/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Northwell Health Jobs