Great Southern Bank Accounting Clerk II in Springfield, Missouri
Come be a part of something greater! Great Southern Bank is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed at every level. By embracing diversity, we celebrate and value differences in age, outlook, cultural background, lifestyle and physical ability. We offer career opportunities and advancement across a wide range of disciplines. Ranked top ten in Forbes Best Bank four years in a row. Come join our team of customer service experts today!
The Accounting Clerk II is responsible for performing routine accounting functions such as general ledger and DDA account review and reconciliation. Under the direction of the Operations Accounting Manager the Accounting Clerk II ensures reconciliations, adjustments, and verifications are made according to schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reconciles, balances, and posts daily entries into the appropriate general ledger accounts. This duty is performed about 35% of the time.
Reconciles and balances various Demand Deposit Accounts and other applicable accounts, while maintaining all files and records in an accurate and organized manner. This duty is performed about 30% of the time.
Verifies entries performed by banking center personnel including money orders, GL account postings, and subsidiary reconciliations. Verifies and records overages and shortages into system. This duty is performed about 25% of the time.
Responds to all internal and external customer inquiries in a timely, effective, and professional manner. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
Maintains regular and reliable attendance, punctuality and personal appearance. Reads, writes, and communicates in a clear and efficient manner via various types of correspondence, such as, in person, phone, email, letters, etc. Adheres to all company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws (including BSA/AML).
Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• 12-18 months related experience and/or education in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Regular use of desktop/laptop computer, basic operating systems, and specialized software systems
• Basic experience with alphanumeric data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word Processing
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• Semi-repetitive and low physical activities.
• Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Great Southern Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, treating all candidates and employees equitably without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Total Hours: 40
Job Grade: 5