Slidell Memorial Hospital Nursing Assistant in Slidell, Louisiana
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Formal training in an approved Nursing Assistant program or equivalent experience.
Required - None
Preferred- 1 yr experience in a clinical setting
Preferred - Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Judgment skills to monitor and respond to patient related changes in condition.
• Maintains a clean and safe environment in the patient care area.
• Assists with the plan of care as delegated by the staff nurse within the scope of practice.
• Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served in assigned areas.
• Communicates with patients, families and the multidisciplinary team (MDT).
• Maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials.
• Adapts to change in a positive constructive manner.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.