Marriott AsstChief Engineer I in Sichuan, China
Job Number 22005711
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Sheraton Mianyang, Xianhaishuili Scenic Area, Mianyang, Sichuan, China
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Supporting management of Property Operations
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
• Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
• Provides emergency response services 24/7.
• Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs