Edgewell Personal Care Brands, LLC Demand Forecasting Planner in Shelton, Connecticut
Edgewell is a global team of over 6,000 visionaries, doers and makers. Our secret is people, and we have an inspiring and collaborative global force of them. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries by making useful things joyful. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, strive for more sustainable ways to beautify and bond, and do it all with not only confidence but determination.
The Forecasting Planner is responsible for the total US base forecast which is the basis of the Demand Consensus forecast. The position is accountable to develop and maintain all statistical type forecasts and system set ups and maintenance in JDA demand for their assigned items. The individual will collaborate with the demand planners to understand and align to sales and marketing promotional forecasts as well as understand any impacts to the historical and statistical forecasts. This role will drive results through advanced analytics, exception-based forecasting, and system and database maintenance to achieve forecast accuracy targets and organizational objectives.
• Forecast Development: Generate & provide the unconstrained shipment forecast to Supply Planning/Operations for a rolling 36-month period in units and gross sales dollars with a focus on current fiscal year.
• Own the process of statistical reconciliation to ensure the best possible statistical modelling parameters and fair share forecast distributions to balance item and demand group level forecasts.
• Perform forecast modelling and tuning by adjusting forecasting parameters to ensure the best possible accuracy within forecast horizon I line with Lag timing and targets.
• Own the process to apply manual adjustments for OOS & consequent lost sales in line with best practice.
• Ensure the best possible total volume forecast to support the Demand Planning team in gaining validation and S&OP sign off
• Utilize exception-based analytics to identify and investigate root cause of forecast accuracy, bias, out of stocks, SLOBs, inventory issues and drive metric improvements accordingly.
• Focus on improving forecast accuracy within the correct horizon with the aim to maximize sales, minimize service issues and balance with working capital targets.
• Understand impact of supply constraints from global supply planning meetings and provide information to support delivery to customers
History and Data management
• Apply manual adjustments to history for promos / pipe fill / exceptional events when needed to ensure the cleanest historical data
• Managing DFUs (Forecasting records): Items setups, maintenance and set up of base item history and base item forecasts, like item linkages, connections to external data and imports, effectivity and disco dates, exceptions
• Follow up and support all technical jda data issues related to batch processes, hierarchy, master data issues.
• Ensure the timely transfer of forecasts to supply planning through the forecasting tool.
CoE / S&OP:
• Support the preparation of the NA demand reviews/consensus (for S&OP) meetings. Provide base forecast change drivers, overall forecast, accuracy and analytical key issues.
• Suggest and support Demand Planning of Best in Class practices to drive improvements in forecasting either within jda functionality, S&OP and Demand Planning.
• Support Demand CoE roadmap projects for forecast improvement, delivering required strategic improvements and maintaining and documenting aligned demand processes
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Demand Planning or Forecasting
• BA/BS required (Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering)
• Data oriented analyst with strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills.
• Key Competencies: Detail Orientation, Results Driven, Continuous Learning
• Technical aptitude and Forecasting and data software experience required (i.e. jda demand/Manugistics, SAP, PowerBI, etc.)
• Intermediate to advanced skills working in Excel and Microsoft Office
Preferred Skills and Experience
• MBA or MS a plus
• Professional Certifications a plus (APICS, IBF, SCOR etc.)
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer. We do all we can to create a collaborative and diverse global team, where good ideas can thrive, and our colleagues can learn and lead. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We listen deeply and speak directly to create an environment that’s open to difference. We aim to bring joy to not only the products we create and the people we serve, but our colleagues across the globe too.
Edgewell Personal Care Brands, LLC
- Edgewell Personal Care Brands, LLC Jobs