PPD Clinical Operations Manager (SIA) in Seoul, South Korea
Leads and manages a team of employees responsible for site activation related activities. May act as the lead manager for an assigned area of focus. Responsible for the oversight and execution of deliverables to ensure the achievement of department goals.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, behavioral and technical coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations.
- Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations.
- Reviews and approves timerecords, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
- Promotes all aspects of PPD Equal Employment Opportunity policy and Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assures department adherence to good ethical and regulatory standards.
- Manages start-up activities andmay act as the lead for an area of focus. Provides input based on expertise/experience to internal customers resulting in internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Manages the contractual aspects of studies in collaboration with project teams.
- Manages operational delivery by monitoring the progress of studies against the established project plan and coordinating with client sponsors.
- Ensures that risks and issues are properly routed and resolved in coordination with other departments and key stakeholders.
- Develops or contributes to local WPDs and leads/participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Alerts management to quality issues and facilitates client and internal quality assurance audits as required.
- Provides input into the bidding process and contributes to the procurement of new business.
Manages the allocation of staff to projects. Ensures all staff CVs, training records, position profiles and experience profiles are complete and up to date
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualificationPrevious experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years).1 year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid leadership, mentoring, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of managing a cross-functional team of professionals who may have expertise in a different areas of clinical research
- Capable of evaluating medical research data and good understanding of medical terminology
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Diligent attention to detail•Strong written and oral communication skills, including English language and grammar
- Strong computer skills, particularly word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Excellent team player with team building skills
- Capable of utilizing problem-solving techniques applicable to constantly changing environment
- Solid understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and resource management
Job: *Site Startup
Organization: *KR BU
Title: Clinical Operations Manager (SIA)
Location: KR-KR-Seoul-Seoul KR Yeoksamdong
Requisition ID: 199617
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs