AdventHealth HE-PFS Financial Counselor (Sebring) in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To assist outside agencies/vendors to ensure we have exhausted all other payer sources prior to a charity write off
- To complete Hardee County applications timely to ensure 100% of available indigent funds have been obtained.
- To ensure all charity applications are complete and meet criteria for annual and biannual audits
- To review all self-pay large dollar procedures prior to service to ensure payment or payment arrangements have been made
- To see all self-pay patients admitted to Heartland facility prior to discharge to determine their ability to pay
- To respond to all price estimate requests within 48 hours whether submitted online, call or visit
- Interviewing patients, families and other related parties within HIPAA guidelines and working with insurance companies to determine current insurance eligibility, benefits and coverage, including secondary insurances.
- Serving as primary patient/family contact explaining cost of treatment, insurance eligibility, benefits, coverage and other available community, local and regional resources.
- Estimating patient liability for services rendered, communicating with patients regarding financial responsibility and arranging for collection of the patient portion due to be collected before discharge.
- To assist in special projects as requested by Leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Computer experience
- Collection experience
- Communication skills experience
- Customer service skills experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs