Actalent Software Engineer in Sarasota, Florida
This Software Engineer will be responsible for creating and modifying certified Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) avionics applications.
• Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
• Work with business leadership to meet specification needs
• Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
• Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
• Lead and/or assist in the creation of software technical manuals new and existing products
• Perform routine software maintenance
• Lead and/or assist in the integration of our products on customer aircraft
Skills & Qualifications:
• BS Degree in an Engineering or related technical discipline
• 4+ years experience in software development or computer engineering, ideally in an Avionics field
• Knowledge of C++ and embedded software development, or other embedded programming languages
• Familiarity with interface development (Ethernet, ARINC429, Serial, etc.)
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of DO-178C and DO-254
• OpenGL development experience
Nice to have:
-Modeling and simulation background instead of embedded would be okay
-having a knowledge of processes (DO178C)
-Team leadership experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs