Edwards Lifesciences Professional Education & Medical Affairs Manager Latam in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Manage team and activities in professional education to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
• Manage and oversee the work of a team within several areas including plan development and financial budget responsibilities to align with business needs. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department.
• Identify risk, develop and lead in the implementation of broad and more complex strategies which may include negotiations with internal and external parties.
• Plan and direct complex activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables . Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams. Assess programs and develop processes to ensure continuous improvement and achievement of targeted objectives
• Ensure Health Care Professionals (HCPs) adhere to compliance to Edwards processes, SOPs, and other relevant procedures
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in in related fieldstrong clinical background Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related field Preferred
Advanced English is required
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Demonstrated track record in people management required
• Experience working in healthcare industry preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of training theory
• Expert knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and related requirements
• Demonstrated ability to develop KOL relationships to drive alignment of objectives
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of training to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with internal and external management and senior-level stakeholders concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications
• Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
• Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.
- Edwards Lifesciences Jobs