RailWorks Office Manager in Santa Fe Springs, California
Apply now »
Date:Sep 14, 2021
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA, US
Job ID: 10054
Administers diverse functions for a project/field office to include processing subcontractor forms and documents, maintaining project records and files, processing invoices, handling correspondence, ordering office supplies, performing data entry and other computer-related tasks, and general administration.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
• Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Administers and controls budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies.
• Orders and replenishes office supplies.
• Arranges for maintenance and repair of office equipment.
• Prepares forms for security clearances and maintains security files.
• Reviews invoices and solves discrepancies between P.O.s and invoices.
• Prepares letters and reports.
• Prepares minutes of project meetings.
• Coordinates and maintains working project operations files.
• Answers telephones, directs calls, and takes messages.
• Schedules appointments and meetings for project operations team.
• Inputs financial data into accounting system.
• Prepares and reconciles subcontractor billings and owner invoices for payment.
• Handles petty cash fund including reconciliation and replenishment.
• Collects timesheets from the field.
• Reviews timesheets for accuracy and obtains approval signatures.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Greets and direct visitors.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Designs filing systems; files and maintains office records.
• Distributes payroll.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Office Manager, preferably in the construction industry.
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
• Experience with general accounting and bookkeeping processes.
• Knowledge of subcontractor payroll practices.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management, customers, officials, and subcontractors.
• Ability to prioritize work load and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Primarily works indoors but may occasionally be outdoors on construction sites.
• Frequently sits, stands, walks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May occasionally be exposed to harsh weather conditions or loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- RailWorks Jobs