Audi Sr. Engineer: ADAS/AD Development & Validation - Base Function Cloudfusion, LGI, Profile in Santa Clara, California
Sr. Engineer: ADAS/AD Development & Validation - Base Function Cloudfusion, LGI, Profile (Job Number: AUD001502)
"Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. And it reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit. The spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything that we do.
- The role is responsible for performing adaptation and validation of base functionalities which are cloud-fusion of vehicle information & Maps, uploading/downloading local road warning and driver profile
- This task will also include understanding of requirements, defining application process and creating the verification and validation plan of these features.
- This role also requires to drive instrumented Audi vehicle on the public road, identify problematic scenarios and perform root cause analysis of all the corner cases where there are issues with related features.
- As a part of job responsibility this position requires to coordinate with the function developers in US & Germany closely.
Adaptation, Verification and Validation – in vehicle testing (40%)
- Developing application process, test plan for adaptation and validation of base functionalities which are cloud-fusion of vehicle information & Maps, uploading/downloading local road hazards and driver profile
- Instrumenting test vehicle with measurement devices to capture data specific to test cases and scenarios. These include additional sensors (like camera, Lidar etc.) for ground-truth data collection along with Audi-specific measurement devices.
- Testing with pre-defined test cases on road (real life scenarios) and also identify, test all possible corner case scenarios to makes sure that features are performing as intended.
- Participation in test activities for the respective function in Germany
Data analysis, finding root cause and potential solution – (30%)
- Collect measurement data while performing on-road testing and perform analysis all relevant signals (hardware and software) in ADTF to understand and verify behavior of signals as per test cases.
- Most important is to understand the root cause of the problematic scenarios where function fails.
- It is expected that this position will further engage in discussion with the function owners and will find a potential solution of these problems.
Documentation and Project Management (20%)
- All the test cases, result and bug-fixing needs to be managed in internal tracking system as this will be the input for sign-off of the software release in production.
- Also many of the platform owners are located in Germany so it needs strong coordination/cooperation with them.
- This position is also responsible for overall management of the software release from planning, tracking and recommendation for sign-off.
Development of Application and Validation plan for next generation Cloud-fusion, uploading/downloading of local road hazards, driver profile creation (10%)
- This individual will be responsible for creating and supporting development plan for next generation platform.
- Once current platform is launched in production this will be the main responsibility for next generation platform.
Years of Relevant Experience
- 7+ years of experience with verification and validation with ADAS system
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, computer science or comparable
- Master's or PhD in Engineering, computer science or comparable (desired)
- Effective analytical and conceptual skills to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
- Planning and organization, project management and time management skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded and empathic work style
- Excellent team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity and tackling new problems
- Proven expertise with Adaptation and Validation for Base function which are Cloud-fusion, LGI (Load road hazards) and Profile creation
- Should be familiar with in-Vehicle Network Architecture
- Proven experience in generating test catalogue and integration testing in ADAS/AD domain.
- Strong measurement data analysis skill
- Should be familiar with automotive communication standards (CAN, FlexRay and Ethernet).
- Should be familiar with in-vehicle measurement systems
- Knowledge on industry development processes like SPICE and Scrum.
- Knowledge of functional safety and SOTIF
- Knowledge of in-vehicle ADAS/AD sensing system
- Knowledge of steering and braking system (desired)
- Experience with Simulation environment (desired)
- Experience with System engineering (desired)
- Know how on Mapping APIs, e.g. HERE Maps (desired)
- Experience with working in Tier1/OEM environment (desired)
- Basic German language skills, both written and spoken (desired)
- Flexibility to travel (domestic and international)
- Full-time position
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara