Applied Materials Pulse Power Specialist in Santa Clara, California
General Profile: Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in pulse power , power Electronics and high voltage engineering. Interprets internal or external technical issues associated with pulse power supplies, recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers in pulse power.
Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex electrical problems with limited to no supervision in the area high voltage pulsers.
Specify the development of design or modify engineering assemblies, layout/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope of high voltage switching.
Interfaces with external suppliers regarding complex electrical issues concerning high voltage Pulse power supplies.
Implement concepts for wide range of complex product issues and solutions
Generate product specifications with limited to no supervision
Specify and/or perform engineering analysis of complex scope
Define, coordinate, perform and generate engineering test reports
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in the area of high voltage switches using solid -state devices such as Mosfets IGBTS, pulse power supplies.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions in the area of high voltage pulsers.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree, preferred Master and or PhD.
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
- Applied Materials Jobs