Cisco Supplier Commodity Manager, ASIC in San Jose, California
Supplier Commodity Manager, ASIC
What You'll Do
Did you know? Cisco Supply Chain was just ranked #1 for Tech Companies and #3 overall on Gartner, Inc s annual Supply Chain Top 25 which identifies supply chain leaders and highlights their standard methodologies. There’s never been a better time to join us!
Cisco Global Supplier Management (GSM) team is seeking a motivated Supplier Commodity Manager for ASIC. You will join a highly impactful and dynamic organization collaborating with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
You will be:
- Accountable for the Commodity Strategy and the Supply-base enabling it
- Leading quarterly negotiations of component cost and lead-times
- Benchmarking the assigned industry ensuring competitive value to Cisco by the managed supply-base
- Influencing the supplier (or suppliers) in investments that meet Cisco’s future requirements
- Identifying and tracking appropriate Market Indicators for the assigned Industry, anticipating market trends and transitions
- Accountable for all aspects of supplier relationship management including all technical, commercial, delivery and quality
- Working with Technology & Quality and Product Operations to address LS, LA in the factory and Field Recalls generated by the owned Suppliers
- Negotiating, and executing all aspects/terms of MPAs, agreements, such as MOU, VMI agreements, etc.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Supplier Management (GSM) Organization is an industry leader in sourcing and supplier management that enable sustained innovation and supply chain excellence. You'll will join a very motivated team that achieves record setting results and a fun group that helps each other be successful at work and play. Our team focus is to drive innovation as well as outstanding cost, quality and delivery; in order to accomplish this you will work very closely with constituents across Supply Base, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing and Legal.
Who You Are
You possess a combination of business experience, and strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills, aren’t intimidated by titles and can work with people toward a shared goal.
You'll use your ability to influence, both inside and outside Cisco, to make sure we execute our strategy. Your top negotiation skills are used daily so that Cisco is competitive in the marketplace and our customers love our products.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering and etc.; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of silicon commodity management
- Excellent skills in supplier management, and contracts review and management
- Ability to develop and execute short, mid, and long term strategies
- Expertise in building positive relationships internally and externally, and conflict resolution
- Adept at influencing decisions and developing solutions to complex business situations
- Strong experience with teamwork, communications, negotiations, facilitation and change management
- Ability to work across boundaries, earning trust, taking risk and being inclusive is highly valued
- Experience in ASIC is preferred
- Travel to visit suppliers
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs