Cisco Engagement Senior Manager, Data & Analytics in San Jose, California
What You'll Do
Cisco Data and Analytics (D&A) Office’s charter is to Accelerate Cisco’s journey to a data-driven business. We lead enterprise-wide data and analytics strategy, governance, policy development, and provide data and insights as a service for Cisco. The playing field is exceptionally dynamic, energized by Cisco’s vision to deliver highly secure, software-defined, automated and intelligent platforms for our customers. Our strategic priorities are to accelerate our pace of innovation, increase the value of the network, and transform our business model.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced team member to be a part of our Engagement & Enablement team. You will have leadership responsibility and be the catalyst for how we engage and enable our stakeholder community to support our alignment as our next generation Data Strategy is implemented across Cisco.
As an Engagement Manager, you will:
- Own business partner relationship (know who to engage, understand the business context) [by BU/Theater]. Actively work with senior business leaders to outline roadmap of future engagement.
- Gain clarity on business requests & lead business scenario exploration.
- Co-create and define scope, expected timeline, and engagement exit criteria as part of engagement management. Define and implement processes and procedures for working with stakeholders to ensure data and analytics engagements produce usable and applicable outcomes.
- Conduct design sessions and workshops for requirements.
- Be responsible for growing business adoption and value from delivered engagements.
Play a strategic, personal delivery role on key projects and continually build your position as trusted advisor and experienced guide.
Project management including meeting deadlines and milestones, adhering to project timelines and deliverables, and ensuring costs are managed to budget.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective communication channels and client satisfaction.
- Develop and continually evolve your knowledge of internal solution areas through on the job learning opportunities and collaboration with others.
Who You'll Work With
We are building a best-in-class team of hardworking, results-oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby building business impact.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way.
Who You Are
You thrive in a multi-tasking, strategic, forward-thinking role where stakeholder engagement and business outcomes are part of your DNA. You bring the capability to look beyond today and bring that vision of tomorrow into a roadmap. You have great interpersonal skills and have the ability to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 10+ years of industry experience with significant exposure in stakeholder engagement with a preferred focus in data and analytics strategy.
- Consulting experience (especially analytics consulting) a plus. MS degree preferred.
- You are skilled at understanding and defining problem statements, breaking down complexity or fuzzy business problems, quantifying the impact to the business, synthesizing data to "tell the story," and recommending solutions.
Ability to manage multiple projects and execute aggressive timelines.
Knowledge of Advanced Analytics (AI/ML)
- Proven track record of value realization by scaling above mentioned AI solutions.
- Software / Lifecycle selling background
- Ability to interface with Sr Leadership and advise on Analytics strategy.
Passion for Data & Analytics and ready and willing to evangelize the strategy.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, collaboration, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Strong capability to lead people; organize, develop and motivate a team; achieve results through others; excellent project management/planning skills.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. *LI-MS2
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs