Kendo, a division of LVMH Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs in San Francisco, California
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
• ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done • PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’ • GENEROSITY: The power of giving • STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire • QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves • FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs, will develop Kendo’s cosmetic and skincare regulatory strategy and ensure compliance for Kendo’s beauty product portfolio (Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Ole Henriksen, Kat Von D Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, and BITE Beauty). This key leadership role and subject matter expert, based in San Francisco, will have a significant level of responsibility and will report to the VP, General Counsel & Regulatory. Kendo is proud to be a Global Maison with LVMH.
• Define regulatory strategies to support successful global product development plans for Kendo’s cosmetic and skincare brands with focus in the US, EU, and Asia; • Assess needs, set strategies, develop and maintain internal procedures for regulatory compliance, product safety and performance improvement, on global basis; • Provide guidance on regulatory compliance related to OTC drugs and cosmetics on a global scale (i.e., the development, testing, registration, sourcing, packaging, labeling, manufacturing, transport and sale of); • Assess regulatory needs related to new country openings, with specific knowledge related to Asia market; • Work cross-functionally with Product Development, Operations, Quality, and other teams to facilitate product regulatory development and business strategy; • Oversee and coordinate Regulatory team:
• Review of raw material and ingredient compositions for conformity based on industry guidelines, international restrictions, company limits, and retailer clean lists; provide guidance as necessary; • Monitor product development to ensure product stability, compatibility, micro, safety, usage and regulatory requirements. Create/design/review product testing requirements as necessary; • Propose, review and validate artwork/product claims; • Assist product registration as needed; • Manage health-related complaints (cosmeto-vigilance) and recommend appropriate actions;
• Participate in industry committees and remain current on legislative changes, notify company of regulatory changes and take corresponding actions; • Liaise with responsible parties, government regulatory bodies and administrative agencies on behalf of the company regarding product issues, inspections, and inquiries; • Liaise with LVMH Regulatory team (Kendo’s parent company) as needed; • Manage all Regulatory timelines with a focus on cross-functional projects; • Manage and oversee Regulatory budget; • Other responsibilities, as required.
• Bachelors of Science Degree required - Chemistry background is preferred (Master's degree preferred) • Minimum of 10-15 years regulatory experience in the cosmetic or related industry • Minimum 5 years’ experience in OTC drug regulations • Strong knowledge of the cosmetic industry, formulations, packaging, labelling and manufacturing practices • Must have a strong understanding and knowledge of global cosmetic and drug product regulations (FDA, DIN…), GMP’s, as well as EU, Canada and Asia international cosmetic regulations • Experience in cosmetic product compliance and international product registrations • Experience interacting with governmental agencies • Knowledge in sustainability is a plus • French language skills are a plus