The Salvation Army Front Desk Receptionist in San Francisco, California
Front Desk Receptionist
The Salvation Army
GS Divisional Headquarters
Position: Front Desk Receptionist
Supervisor: Building Manager
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human
needs in His name without discrimination.
OVERVIEW: The front desk receptionist is the first point of contact with the general public, and therefore, must be mature and professional in meeting and dealing with the public. He or she must present a positive image as a representative of The Salvation
Army and be able to work under minimal supervision.
Answer the telephone
Monitor vehicle entrance and front door and allow access as needed
Give directional assistance to people entering the building and to persons on the telephone
Ensure all visitors and vendors sign the reception log; issue visitor and vendor badges as necessary
Communicate effectively with both staff and the public
Monitor network of security cameras
Report security issues immediately to the Building Manager and call for appropriate assistance; provide documentation when required
Provide direction and information during emergency situations
Maintain a clean, clear, and presentable area around the reception desk
I 0. Other duties as assigned
HOURS: 7:45 AM to I :00 PM, Monday thru Friday; lunch break from I 0:00 AM to 10:30 AM
High School Diploma or GED required
• Have the ability to handle emergency problems efficiently and effectively.
Must work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills.
• Must be sensitive to the issues of women, children, cultural diversity and homelessness.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Computer experience including word processing, preferably in Windows software (Microsoft Office) and ability to email for communication
• Perform other duties as assigned
Modern office equipment and software used.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
• Ability to operate telephone
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (usually file boxes)
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41