Cisco AppD VP, Americas Services in San Francisco, California
AppD Director, America Services
About the role
Reporting into our Vice President of Global Services, the VP, Americas Services will be tasked with running all facets of our services business in this region. This includes scaling a hardworking team comprised of professional services consultants, architects, and services sales, and P&L ownership for services across the region. As a part of our industry-leading Customer Experience organization, this team will partner closely with sales and other functions within CX to deliver a differentiated, value-based services experience.
It’s critical that this leader be able to balance the demands of handling the P&L of the organization with a dedication to the tangible success of our customers. The complexity of our customers’ environments and use cases continues to increase, which means Professional Services execution must stay ahead of this curve in order to retain existing revenue and realize expansion opportunities.
Our Services organization mission states "AppDynamics Services provides technology and thought leadership for our customers to rapidly and fully realize the value of their investment" and we rally around the following behaviors" * Empathy - We connect at a human level with our customers, partners and colleagues and we can walk in their shoes * Leadership - We demonstrate technology and thought leadership and guide our customers to success * Creative - We always find a sustainable path to yes * Trust - We trust each other, our customers and our colleagues outside of CX and we partner with them * Technology - We sell software for technologists and we speak their language * Curiosity - We strive to truly and intimately understand our customer’s business challenges and help solve them
Operational: * Run the demands of the Americas services P&L, including bookings, revenue delivery, and contribution margin targets. * Manage personnel of the Americas services team through billable and non-billable work which supports customer success and strategic corporate initiatives. * Build best-practices for SaaS services delivery across the Americas region, drive consistency across the geography. * Drive a partnership with sales for the shared goal of retaining existing revenue and realizing expansion opportunities. * Manage stakeholder relationships in major accounts. * Provide feedback and input to product development.
- Lead and grow an industry-leading services team; meet demanding hiring goals and attract top talent which reflects our core values; Lead hiring practices which emphasize a diverse range of candidate backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team at scale, including individual contributors, first, and second-line management.
- Continue to drive the organisation towards delighting our customers while delivering tangible business value.
- Represent and champion the services team at executive levels within the overall regional senior leadership group.
- Clearly articulate the professional services vision and strategy across AppDynamics executive leadership.
- Establish an organization known for thought-leadership within the B2B SaaS professional services community.
- 10+ years experience leading growth-oriented professional services, consulting, customer success, support, or similar customer-focused delivery organizations in the B2B SaaS industry. You thrive in high-growth environments and understand the demands of fast paced, modern SaaS enterprise customers. Prior VP-level experience not required, but this needs to be a leader with the executive maturity vital to carry a high-growth SaaS post-sales organization.
- Expertise servicing large, sophisticatedcustomers across a variety of verticals with a SaaS subscription pricing model. The organizations you’ve led emphasize consultative, proactive support and delivering tangible, high-value customer outcomes.
- General management capability; experience meeting the demands of a P&L and building a self-sustaining business.
- Experience working effectively with sales to increase deal value and enable company’s growth objectives; a track-record of contributing to high renewal rates through minimum time-to-value and increased adoption. You have innovative ideas about professional services delivery and the operational discipline vital to implement those ideas.
- Proven experience leading and scaling post-sales teams, whether at a start-up, growth-stage company, or within a larger organization. Ideally someone who has led remotely distributed teams of 20+ people consisting of multiple roles.
- Must be an inspirational communicator and motivator of an entirely remote professional services team; an advocate for customer success internally and externally.
- Executive-level problem-solving, interpersonal, and leadership skills are a must.
- You are a true leader who seeks to encourage your team and customers alike.
- You set the tone as far as exemplifying AppDynamics’ core values. Others would describe you as high-integrity.
- Analytical by nature, you value data-driven decisions and willingness.
- Intrinsically motivated by helping others succeed - team members and customers.
- Highly entrepreneurial, not phased by change or ambiguity.
If the award-winning culture at Cisco-AppDynamics is not enough to entice you, here are some more reasons that would make you excited to get out of bed and raring to go each morning:
We are passionate about supporting our team to achieve our goals, so we offer plenty of opportunities to attend training and conferences. In those trainings, you will learn new skills to stay current with the latest methodologies, technologies and soft skills to maximize your potential.
Moreover, we offer competitive compensation, generous paid time off policy + 5 extra days for volunteering, private health care, pension, maternity and paternity support, employee stock purchase plan, other perks such as: mobile phone, gym, work from home and so much more!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an  equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with  all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in  E-Verify.
Visible links 1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5S2cY2nLb-uZnk3d2ctZWJhLXNiV3lTOVRralBPR01UUnNn/view?usp=sharing 2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5S2cY2nLb-udDdwTlJOYTFoSm8/view?usp=sharing 3. https://drive.google.com/a/appdynamics.com/file/d/0B5S2cY2nLb-ueVpxSndERzNQQU1sVWY0Wm4tYTF0clJQM1lF/view?usp=sharing
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs