TEKsystems Sr. Staff Cloud Security Engineer in San Diego, California
A rapidly growing health organization that supports real time glucose monitoring for patients with Diabetes, is seeking a Senior Staff Cloud Security Engineer to serve as a security architect and technical lead of cloud and DevOps technology security. The position will work across the Information Security (Infosec) and DevSecOps (DSO) teams to secure the IT department’s rapidly growing DevOps infrastructure and microservices (Kafka) application stack. The position will represent Infosec in the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and help to mature security function and capability within the SDLC. The Sr. Staff Cloud Engineer will also design and deploy security controls, tools, and infrastructure to secure the cloud and application environments. The position offers opportunity for career development as the Information Security program continues to expand globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement security architecture for public cloud platform (GCP/Azure).
• Develop and deploy security Policy as Code using TFC and Sentinel.
• Integrate security checks into CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins and Cloud Build.
• Deploy and integrate security into DNS, certificate, and secrets management systems.
• Perform security assessments on new cloud/devops vendors, systems or tools.
• Conduct security reviews of web applications, integrations, and/or APIs.
• Design and manage security monitoring and threat detection systems for cloud environments.
• Integrate cloud/DevOps security tools into the SIEM (Splunk) and develop correlations.
• Help establish appsec capabilities and integrate SAST/DAST tools into the build pipeline.
• Support cloud compliance/certification activities and participate in security audits/reviews.
• Provide consulting and influence other teams to mature cloud/DevOps security.
• Serve as a security expert and provide technical leadership to other staff members.
• BS/MS in computer science/engineering, information technology, or technical field.
• 8+ years of experience in the cybersecurity, IT, or engineering fields; with 4+ years in a senior security engineer or higher role.
• Strong understanding of security controls/services in public cloud environments (GCP/Azure).
• Strong understanding of GCP, Azure and Kubernetes networking and network security.
• Experience in technologies such as Terraform/TFC, Gitlab or Github, Sentinel, Vault, Jenkins, Cloud Build, Twistlock, Splunk, Apigee, GCP, Azure, encryption, IAM, K8s, and/or containers.
• Ability to work within an Agile/Scrum framework and to manage work in Jira.
• Proficient in automation and scripting in a programming language such as Python or Go.
• Experience with Linux administration, shell scripting, containers, and open source security tools.
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional, otherwise delete section)
• Application security experience – SAST, DAST, code reviews, API security, OAuth, etc.
• Demonstrated success in influencing peers/partners without direct authority.
• Proficiency in communicating technical concepts both verbally and in written documentation.
Azure, Cloud, Information security, Cyber security, Gcp, Siem, Security architecture, Aws
Top Skills Details:
Azure,Cloud,Information security,Cyber security,Gcp,Siem,Security architecture
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to work within an Agile/Scrum framework and to manage work in Jira.
· Proficient in automation and scripting in a programming language such as Python or Go.
- Experience with Linux administration, shell scripting, containers, and open source security tools.
Nice to have - CISSP cert
Come from a medical company work environment (pharma, biosciences, healthcare - huge plus not necessary) will have working knowledge of HIPAA
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs