Scripps Health Patient Care Assistant - Surgical Acute in San Diego, California
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position (72 hours every 2 weeks) working 12-hour night shifts at Scripps Mercy Chula Vista.
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will provide excellent service to patients as a key member of the clinical care team. In addition, you will...
- Assists patients with personal needs and activities of daily living, collects data, and ensures the patient has a safe, organized environment.
- Assists with patient care within the scope permitted and under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with a variety of patient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, and charge reconciliation duties.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- One year of recent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- Current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- Current enrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester, including nursing fundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- CNA certification preferred.
- One-year patient related experience preferred
Job: *Clinical Support
Organization: *Scripps Mercy Chula Vista
Title: Patient Care Assistant - Surgical Acute
Location: Southern San Diego County-CHULA VISTA-SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL CHULA VISTA
Requisition ID: 232008026