Lumen Data Warehouse Solution Architect- Lumen MTS in Salem, Oregon
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and data warehouse modernization. The role is to help our customers eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy data warehouses and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. Our consultants will develop, deliver and implement data warehouse projects that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
The Main Responsibilities
· Employ customer facing skills to represent Lumen well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies and risk mitigation
· Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
· Experience of IT platform implementation in a technical and analytical role
· 5+ years of experience of development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in migrating MPP databases (Teradata, Oracle, Netezza) to Cloud data warehouse platforms like Snowflake, Big Query and Synapse.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Experience designing database environments, analyzing production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
Nice to have
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects
· Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Snowflake, Big Query, Synapse and Redshift
· Experience working with large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects
· Hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development
·Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (bash, Perl or python) ability
· Ability to lead client specific strategic engagements involving customer/partner teams
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting, Dashboard development and NoSQL storage
· Desire and ability to interact with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
Requisition #: 261411
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs