CDM Smith Intermediate Designer (Electrical) in Roswell, New Mexico
*This position will be based out of our closest CDM Smith office. This position is also open to a hybrid work schedule allowing work from home several days per week or fully remote *
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Provide electrical design for various municipal and industrial related projects.
• Design may include developing electrical equipment selection and layouts, one-line diagrams, electrical load calculations, control schematics, writing specifications etc.
• Performs studies of power systems and electrical calculations for electrical systems, lighting simulations, lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, security and other similar calculations.
• Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary.
• Manage electrical power system or energy projects for a variety of clients including the US Federal Government.
• Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
• Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices.
• Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
• Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
• Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
• May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
• Experience with electrical design for municipal utilty design projects is preferred.
• Experience with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred.
Intermediate Designer (Electrical)
High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and/or 3D drafting. 10 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Good communication skills with strict attention to detail. Demonstrates ability to be a team player. Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office for design related tasks and discipline specific design/analysis software primarily within the CADD environment. Flexible, versatile and well versed in routinely performing complex design/drafting assignments and 3D/4D assignments.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
- CDM Smith Jobs