Actalent Permit Coordinator in Richmond, Virginia
• Works under direction of Senior Designer, Design Specialists, and Engineering Manager.
• Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
• Performs basic functions required to develop and design routine to moderately difficult engineering and construction drawings (layouts, assemblies, schematics, and details) in OH/UG distribution line design based on general engineering or design information utilizing computer aided design technology.
• Coordinates design work between specialty areas of project team.
• Responsible for the quality of design documents, and that all documents are prepared in accordance with applicable client procedures which define the requirements for document/deliverable generation. May perform design checking function on non-complex design deliverables.
• Understands the basic design approach (technical, construction, and commercial) and ensures that the design approach meets the applicable requirements.
• Has a general understanding of drawing types required for a project, their purpose, and inter-relationship with other sets of deliverables.
• Manages personal task assignments and adheres to project scope of work, schedule and budget on all assigned tasks.
Designer on project status, needs, and changes in scope, schedule, and budget.
• Performs basic design calculations, prepares material and equipment specifications, and produces preliminary sketches or detailed design drawings once design approach is finalized.
• May, depending on project complexity, act in a lead role over other designers and drafters.
• Must have an understanding of general construction methods and constructability requirements, and ensure that design deliverables meet those requirements.
Designer to evaluate, select, and apply design techniques, procedures, and criteria to assigned engineering/technical tasks.
• Reference information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, and client standards and interface with engineering as required.
• Work with project personnel to resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, complex, or urgent
electrical, civil, transmission, engineering, Distribution design, Design, Autocad, Microstation, Power distribution
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Possesses a working knowledge of drafting/design, including techniques, standards, nomenclature, and symbols used in the preparation of drawings.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve routine technical problems related to specialty area.
• Possess aptitude for computing, design, and drawing preparation/layout.
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess good interpersonal skills to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
• Possess willingness to accept responsibility and ensure that work completed is of the highest quality.
• Thorough understanding of applicable company policies, procedures, and practices. General understanding of applicable federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
• Possess working knowledge of computers and software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suites.
• Possess willingness to develop, promote and comply with safety requirements.
• A two-year associate degree in engineering technology or drafting preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in OH/UG distribution line design. Power Distribution.
• Software experience in Pole Foreman, SpidaCalc, O-Calc Pro is required. Experience in GIS and WMS systems is preferred.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs