General Dynamics Information Technology Microsoft Teams Engineer in Richmond, Virginia
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Systems Engineering
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on a Microsoft Teams Engineer joining our team.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cannot turn into opportunity.
*This position is currently 100% remote, and can remin remote post COVID restrictions. There might occassionally be a need to travel to meetings or other corporate functions.*
Primary responsibilities include:
Ensuring the availability, accessibility, and functionality of Microsoft Teams
Support deployment of M365 infrastructure as required
Work with current staff on migration of users to Microsoft Teams
Handle technical related escalations from system administrators and project staff
Understand and support the end user experience through service desk coordination and enablement of request and restoration activities
Participate in discussions to coordinate integration and migration planning
Additional responsibilities include:
Contribution to the completion of major engineering programs and may require function in a project leadership role.
Develop solutions to a variety of highly complex engineering problems of advanced scope and complexity.
Perform highly complex systems design, development, and integration from the start of a systems life cycle to the end.
Oversee highly complex infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
Perform highly complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Perform continual maintenance and provide highly complex solutions for security, backup and redundancy problems.
Prepare and maintain a wide range of documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects.
Provide guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers.
Maintain current knowledge of rapidly changing technology and work with management to evolve current processes.
May serve as a task leader.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science plus five (5) years experience in Information Technology OR nine (9) years equivalent experience in lieu of degree;
· Three (3) minimum years of Microsoft Skype or Microsoft Teams support experience, or a combination of both;
· Proficiency with PowerShell and other scripting skills used to automate processes and reporting
· Demonstrated experience with hardware and software testing, integration, installation, configuration, and problem solving; especially for Windows 10 clients and Windows Server
The following are not required to be considered, but are strongly preferred:
· Design, install, implement, support, and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 is a plus
· Experience with Skype for Business 2015 to Microsoft Teams migrations
· Hands-on experience supporting solutions with Microsoft Azure AD and AD Connect
· Experience supporting Microsoft Teams
· Experience with SharePoint Online as related to Microsoft Teams
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs