Job Information

Saltworks Technologies Electro-Mechanical Technologist in Richmond, British Columbia

Saltworks Technologies ( is an innovation-driven cleantech company located in Richmond, BC. We invent, design, and build advanced lithium recovery and desalination water treatment plants. Our customers are leading the way in sustainability with our technologies at the forefront. We build commercial plants for global customers while also researching and developing next-generation technologies. Our company is growing rapidly with high demand for our solutions, and we are looking for skilled professionals to expand our team!

The Role:

We have an immediate opening for an Electro-Mechanical Technologist. This role will be 70% design driven, with the other 30% on the production floor. This multifaceted position combines elements of Instrumentation, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Production Planning. An engineering degree is not required, however post secondary education in the electrical, mechanical, or instrumentation disciplines with transferable experience would be an asset. This position could be a great fit for someone who wants to further their knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and project engineering. We are willing to invest and train the right person who has some overlapping background.

With support from multiple Engineering and Production specialists, you will grow to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME)/technical leader in:

  • Specification of instruments including process, electrical, and mechanical considerations.

  • Developing electrical hardware work packages, specifically detailing the electrical hardware required to tie electrical panels to all field devices.  

  • Developing instructions and parts required to fully interface electrical and mechanical systems. These include field connectors, cable relief glands, mounting of electrical enclosures, etc.

You will be a great fit if you have:

  • Relevant post secondary education in electrical or mechanical systems, technology, or as a technician.

  • 2-3 years experience in gaining a good foundation of electrical and mechanical principles.

  • A high degree of organization and enjoy producing packages that detail complete systems, specifically electrical hardware systems.

  • Strong multitasking skills to thrive in a multifaceted role.

  • Curiosity to learn technical principles and research new technologies.

  • A proactive approach to learning and the ability to be resourceful.

  • A deep interest in detailing complete systems, understating all the connecting parts (lugs, wires, disconnects, glands).

  • Capability to read and interpret both P&IDs and electrical schematics.

  • A background in instrumentation, understanding where process, electrical, and mechanical needs overlap to ensure selection of the right product.  

  • A working knowledge of EPLAN, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks would be an asset but can also be trained.

  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.

  • Positive attitude, a can-do approach, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.

Why join Saltworks?

We have an outstanding team that is passionate about innovation and solving key environmental challenges facing our planet.

Join a team pioneering the future of water! Some of our customers include world-leading electric vehicle makers, manufacturers, semiconductor firms, mining companies, agriculture firms, and more!

We offer:

  • A collaborative and rewarding work environment.

  • A diverse and inclusive team that is key to our success.

  • A competitive compensation package that includes the following benefits:

  • Medical 

  • Dental

  • Vision

  • RRSP matching (coming soon!)

  • Life Insurance

  • AD&D coverage

  • Education allowance

  • A culture that supports safety, innovation, learning, and teamwork.

  • Fun social activities and company events.

How to apply:

If you would like to be a part of a globally recognized team, please submit your resume (cover letters are not required).

While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.

Kindly, no recruiters.



Powered by JazzHR