SAIC Tax Director in REMOTE WORK, Virginia
SAIC is currently hiring a Tax Director. The Tax Director is primarily responsible for managing and reviewing the worldwide income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis. The successful candidate will coordinate with the financial statement auditors to successfully complete their review or audit for each reporting period. He/she will oversee and manage SAIC's co-source arrangement with external tax advisors for all income tax compliance. He/she will be expected to partner effectively with Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and applicable business departments on various projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must possess strong experience with income tax compliance and accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740, including the financial reporting aspects.
Manage and review the worldwide income tax provision and lead the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statement disclosure on forms 10-Q and 10-K in accordance with the requirements of the SEC.
Collaborate with the financial statement auditors to successfully complete their audit for each reporting period.
Properly account for and identify opportunities arising from new tax legislation and administrative guidance and new accounting standards.
Coordinate between internal personnel and our co-source provider in obtaining information required for our co-source provider to meet their obligations under our arrangement with them, including the filing of all domestic income and franchise tax returns.
Advise on the proper income tax accounting related to mergers & acquisitions, business transactions or other issues as needed.
Review the income tax account rollforward on a quarterly basis to ensure accuracy.
Assist with reviewing the quarterly foreign tax provision and incorporating the results into the worldwide income tax provision.
Engage with the internal tax team and outside advisors to reduce the Company’s ETR and cash taxes.
Help prepare cash tax forecasts in coordination with our co-source provider and communicate the results to Corporate FP&A and Government Compliance.
Ensure our co-source provider and internal personnel are timely making income tax payments and filing income/franchise tax returns.
Oversee jurisdictional VAT return structure and compliance activities
Initiate ideas and propose implementation plans to streamline tax processes and procedures.
Assist in managing federal, state and international tax audits in order to effectively defend tax positions taken by the Company.
Lead and manage the performance and development of tax staff.
Establish relationships with business units and peer level business partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or similar field) and a Master’s Degree in Taxation or a CPA.
• CPA or MST is required.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend, specializing in corporate taxation.
• 10+ years of supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to mentor staff.
• Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Federal, International and State Income Tax laws and of Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740).
• Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
• Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Extensive accounting/finance background is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects.
• A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles.
• A high level of confidence and integrity, detail oriented, creative and self-motivated, able to take a hands-on approach to problem solving and a team player with a positive attitude.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Hyperion (or similar systems) are a plus.
• OneSource income tax provision experience is a plus.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us (https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- SAIC Jobs