Actalent Mechanical Engineer in Remote, Oregon
This role primarily supports new and existing nuclear reactor designs with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and other thermal-hydraulic analysis of the systems/sub-systems in Boiling Water Reactors (BWR), Pressurized Water Reactors (PWR), new reactor types, and advanced reactors such as sodium-cooled fast reactors. The engineer in this role will also support customers with emergent questions in the areas of reactor thermal-hydraulics, heat transfer, two-phase flow, and leakage flow rates.
• Provide technical support in the areas of BWR systems and internals heat transfer, two-phase flow, leakage, and numerical analysis.
• Scope, execute, and/or mentor Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) thermal-hydraulic analysis of systems in BWR, sodium fast-reactor, and other nuclear reactor designs.
• Work within an approved regulatory framework for nuclear software quality assurance for engineering computer programs.
• Prepare, document and present technical data to internal and external customers.
• Contribute to and lead team process improvements to drive speed and simplification.
• Ensure work is performed with high quality in accordance with NRC rules and regulations, customer requirements, and business quality assurance standards.
computational fluid dynamics, Ansys Fluent, nuclear plant design, customer interface, reactor design, reactor analysis
Top Skills Details:
computational fluid dynamics, Ansys Fluent, nuclear plant design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
B.S. degree from an accredited university or college in nuclear engineering, physics, mathematics, or a closely related technical discipline
• Six or more years of cumulative engineering experience, with specific experience in nuclear plant T/H analyses and Computational FluidPrior experience with thermal hydraulic methods (eg, ANSYS Fluent, CFX, RELAP5-3D, TRAC, COBRA)
• Prior experience with thermal-hydraulic test definition, execution, and analysis. Dynamics (CFD)
CFD experience (Ansys Fluent)
Nuclear plant design (not an expert necessarily, but someone that’s been exposed and has worked on leak analysis, flow blockage, flow considerations in a nuclear plant. Understand how they operate and are laid out at a high level)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs