Penn State Health Dish Washer - Nutrition Services in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Assists with cleaning duties required in the Food and Nutrition Services Department to maintain kitchen work areas, food service equipment, service ware and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition. This position is to maintain a high level of sanitation and safety in accordance with regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Organizes and plans daily activities using the task analysis as a guide. Anticipates and works ahead as necessary to accommodate the needs of the upcoming shift.
- Communicates with co-workers, Coordinator, Manager, Director and others as necessary regarding the work of the department. Keeps up with department communications via Lifeline, bulletin board, meetings, meeting minutes, etc.
- Maintains equipment and work area as necessary throughout the day. Completes daily and special cleaning needs as assigned. Adheres to good sanitation and safety practices. Reports any maintenance repairs or unsafe conditions to management. Completes any other maintenance and/or upkeep duties as assigned on the task analysis. Checks water temperatures and chemicals as necessary.
- Washes, rinses, sanitizes and stores dishes and equipment normally found in an industrial cafeteria/kitchen.
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage to designated disposal area.
- Requisitions and stocks supplies.
- Operates equipment normally found in an institutional cafeteria/kitchen.
- Maintains confidentiality in employee/patient/customer related issues.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- None required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. + Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times + Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines + Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members + Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.