The Salvation Army Shift Supervisor in Rancho Cordova, California
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the store.
Assumes responsibility for all day to day store operations in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
Provides coaching, training and development to the Store Employees.
Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and service is quick and efficient.
In absence of Store Manager and Assistant Manager, communicate any personnel issues with District Sales Manager.
In absence of Store Manager and Assistant Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure compliance with published directives and guidelines.
Provide training for new personnel on store policies and procedures and the level of Customer Service expected by The Salvation Army.
Completes all tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager, Store Manager; District Sales Manager; Command Retail Directors and Command Administration
Responsible for processing of paperwork per Review Standards, especially as it relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
Ensures store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards; adequate inventory levels on hand. Store is at CNO standards. Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from the sales floor.
BRP (Back Room Processing) – In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description.
Donation Attendant (s) - In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Donation Attendants are working effectively and efficiently as outlined in the Donation Attendant Job Description.
Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of each day, safeguarding cash in registers, and banking of cash receipts as per ARCC policy.
Attends Monthly Store Meetings.
Assists the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures are established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and governmental regulations and that hazards are reported to Administration. Assists with Weekly Store Meetings with store teams.
Responsible for the protection of property and building.
May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
Implement appropriate loss prevention measures as directed.
Perform other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store Manager, District Sales Manager, Command Retail Directors and Command Administration
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of one-year previous retail experience and Supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees.
• Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of insurance and have access to a motor vehicle.
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers and donors.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line (CanLogin.aspx?JobID=00B658E784FF332C&RT=D356349294394CA3EAC10FEC2E7B083E3AD09058051409930BAF24BCBD21446CDBA04299D12B0CF1)