Continental Software Verification Engineer VED in Queretaro, Mexico
Software Verification Engineer VED
Be part of the Vehicle Dynamics (VED) Software group at Continental Queretaro and participate to the creation of our MK1xx and MKCx products: the Brake systems used in conventional, electric and autonomous cars of today and tomorrow.
Our ECU is the main Chassis controller and provides functions to control the vehicle dynamics as the car trajectory (ABS, ACC, AYC, HSA, IPB, TCS...) for global car manufacturers in America (USA, Mexico, Brazil).
In VED Software, you will have the opportunity to practice the benchmark tools of our Autonomous Mobility & Safety Division and the state-of-the-art methods of our Software Factory for Software Verification using Vector tools, CarMaker, Matlab...
You will be joining an international team and be guided by experienced engineers into the different phases of SW testing: Requirements analysis, Scripts design, Test Environment preparation, Execution in SIL/HIL environment and Analysis .
Your main tasks are principally derived from the Automotive SPICE role SWE.6 and partly SWE.5:
• Collect the requirements addressed internally by Functions/Systems engineering level or by Customer to Software engineering level and analyze them considering the Test criterias, Test scenarios and available Test environments and methods.
• Develop / refine SW Qualification test strategy including regression test strategy
• Develop / refine SW Qualification Test Specifications
• Select Test Cases and test integrated SW
• Establish bidrectional traceability and ensure consistency
• Summarize and communicate SW Qualification Test Results
• Document all work results according to the process in place (derived from Automotive SPICE).
• Continuously improve existing testing methods, tools and procedures.
• 5+ years experience in software or system testing
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering field (computer science, electronics, mechatronics)
• C/Python programming language / Algorithm scripting
• Knowledge and practice of SIL or HIL environments
• Automotive SW qualification Tools and Methods (Software Verification procedures, Release Process, PLC)
• Vehicle network communication on CAN and related Vector Tools
• Diagnostic (UDS) and Failsafe / degradation concepts
• 7+ years in software or system testing
• Knowledge or certification in test techniques (ISTQB)
• Intercultural Experience
• GIT / IBM Jazz / Doors experience
• Continuous verification/Agile methodology
• EBS, Brake System Technology, Safety critical systems ISO 26262
• Autosar, Automotive Spice concepts"
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
- Continental Jobs