Vivint UI Intern in Provo, Utah
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint Smart Home is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
· Maintain and grow library of digital components
· Build unique hero experiences for promotions
· Build pixel-perfect vector versions of UI components and web page flows
· Assist with preparing files for implementation
· Helping come up with and develop animations for elements
· Document precise dimensions, colors, and fonts used in mockups for developers
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Self-motivated with strong desire to complete work in a timely manner, especially when working from home
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes
· Basic HTML and CSS skills helpful, but not required
· Reliable internet access is needed for any period working remotely, not in a Vivint office.
· Knowledge of Figma, we work solely in Figma
· Familiarity with basic web design principles
· Good knowledge of basic typography principles
· In a degree-seeking program studying UX/graphic design, visual communication, or a related discipline is preferred
What you will be working on:
· Email campaigns
· Documenting components
· Promo heroes / hero banners
· Image resizing
· Page layouts and templates
Who you will work with:
This role will be working cross functionally between the UI/UX and Marketing team. This role will also be building relationships with internal clients (digital marketing, customer marketing, etc.).
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a self-motivated UI Intern to support the current UX/UI and Marketing teams with all digital assets. We are looking for someone who easy going and has the ability to build relationships with team members and other
stakeholders. Their ability to understand a task, take direction from leaders, and execute at a high level is critical. Someone in a BA/BFA for graphic design, or equivalent, is preferred.
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
· Your choice between Mac or PC
· Employee pricing on smart home products
· Casual dress code
· Onsite gym, gaming tables across our campus
· Onsite health clinic
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First Do the right thing Customer Obsession is Our Advantage A relentless passion to serve the customer Innovation is Essential Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood We Win Together Individuals win games: teams win championships Exceptional is Expected Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion We Give Back Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and
maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training
requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of
themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly
report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and
provide feedback to management on all safety issues.
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs". Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of "America's Best Employers," the Forbes 2019 list of "America's Best Employers for Diversity" and is one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, the state’s #1 patent company and a certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Vivint Smart Home is aware and addressing the rapidly evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus. We want you to know that we are monitoring the virus and impact closely and taking actions to keep our workplace healthy and minimize disruptions to our customers. Now more than ever we appreciate the importance of coming together to protect families and their homes. Some of these measures that relate to candidates include virtual interviews, and work-from-home opportunities. We value you as a candidate and hope you and your families stay healthy and appreciate your support in keeping our global community safe during these unprecedented times. Thank you.