Mathematica Business Analysis Associate in Princeton, New Jersey
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. is a nationally recognized, nonpartisan firm that conducts domestic social policy research on health care, welfare, education, labor, and related topics. Mathematica’s mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear in our work for our clients which include federal, state, and local government agencies, and private foundations.
We are seeking a bright, energetic, and highly motivated person to join our team as a Business Analysis Associate in either ourPrinceton, NJ office. As a Business Analysis Associate you will work closely with internal project teams and technical staff to develop and document business requirements, as well as develop and perform testing procedures.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of technical knowledge, has strong problem solving skills with a drive to understand how things work, and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Bachelor’s degree with college level course work in computer sciences, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, or other related course work.
- Basic grasp of data analysis, survey development, or system design techniques.
- 1-3 years of experience gathering, managing, and documenting project requirements.
- Ability to translate verbal communications to written requirements.
- Ability to understand project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Web design and user experience (UX) is a plus.
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and technical staff.
- Work with project teams to develop written business requirements from verbal conversations.
- Assist with development of processes and systems.
- Assist with project management tasks (scheduling and coordination of activities).
- Assist in creating test plans and coordinating testing activities.
- Assemble and documents all test results.
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center). Visit our web site at www.mathematica-mpr.com
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preferences, and salary requirements at time of application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs