Airgas Usa LLC 2nd Shift Plant Operator 3 (Pures Filler) in Plumsteadville, Pennsylvania
/The Plant Operator 3 Pures Filler I/is responsible for filling specialty products into compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in compliance with state, federal, and local regulations. The associate is expected to meet all Airgas safety standards, while filling, handling, storing, loading and unloading cylinders. Responsible for remaining productive during their work shift, while also supporting the product quality standards set forth by Airgas.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs all job assignments in a safe manner according to Airgas SOPs.
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections on cylinders, dewars and/ or trailers.
- Scraping, labeling and painting of cylinders.
- Regularly moves cylinders by usage of a cylinder cart and/ or forklift.
- Reviews SDS’s per products introduced into the facility in accordance with Airgas Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Management System requirements.
- Completes daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately, legibly, and timely.
- Operation of vacuum pumps, manifolds, compressors and cryogenic pumps.
- Connecting and disconnecting of tube trailers and cryogenic liquid ISO containers.
- Understanding DOT Special Permits and applicability to the fill process.
- Keep a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum 1 year experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ability to coordinate efforts with multiple departments.
- Aptitude for high precision work.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the Plant Operator 3 position.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment to meet the facilities goals.
- Ability to operate forklift and maintain forklift certifications.
- Ability to follow directions, make decisions, work as a team, and be reliable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) or equivalent software.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work all shifts; subject to all weather conditions.
*Physical Abilities: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to meet the following physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: 2nd Shift Plant Operator 3 (Pures Filler)
Requisition ID: 30916