Penn Medicine Physical Therapist - Part Time - Inpatient (Plainsboro, NJ) in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Physical Therapist - Part Time - Inpatient (Plainsboro, NJ)
Job ID :102770
Job Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Specialty Area: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Part Time
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Princeton Health
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Address: 1 Plainsboro Road
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Employment Type: Part Time Regular 20+ hrs/wk
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Part Time Physical Therapist to join the team.
• The physical therapist provides physical therapy services in accordance with the New Jersey Practice Act and the Bylaws of Princeton Healthcare System, standards of accreditation and State regulatory bodies, and Code of Ethics of the A.P.T.A. The physical therapy practice involves examination, evaluation, treatment and instruction of individuals for the prevention, habilitation or rehabilitation of physical disability, functional deficit, and or pain. Such practice includes but is not limited to the following areas: acute care, orthopedics, neurology, geriatrics, pediatrics, cardiopulmonary, home health, ob-gyn, and oncology. It may also involve administration, education and research. Physical therapy is responsible for participation in staff education activities and providing consultation for facility personnel. They must communicate and document the communication with other disciplines and service to provide continuity and coordination of patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a patient examination in a technically competent manner. Performs skilled services. Uses sound judgment and follows established standards of practice independently.
Evaluates clinical findings to determine rehab diagnosis and outcomes of care; Designs a plan of care that integrates the goals, treatment, outcomes and discharge plan. Performs interventions in a competent manner assessing the response to care. Adapts delivery of care to reflect respect and sensitivity to individual differences; Performs reassessments as necessary. Assesses needs for other services.
Documents care given within the designated time frames in the EMR and hands off problems and resolutions to the case manager and the team.
Incorporates an understanding of economic factors in the delivery of services and maintains compliance with productivity standards of the department as specified in the staffing plan.
Demonstrates competency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological, and social needs. Competent in age specific knowledge and skills. Understands age-related growth and development levels.
Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/ staff, within and outside the department to develop means of enhancing patient care and services.
Implements a self-directed plan for professional development and lifelong learning.
Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures. Uses support personnel according to ethical and legal guidelines. Maintains confidentiality as per standards. Professionally represents the PHCS during interactions with suppliers, committee, new employees, and students.
Plans and implements in-service and continuing educational activities to meet identified learning needs and performance improvement initiatives. Participating in staff education activities and providing consultation to facility personnel
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor’s Degree: - Required
• Master’s Degree: - Preferred
• Graduation from a physical therapy program accredited by the A.P.T.A. or its equivalent if educated outside the U.S., indicates that the individual possesses the appropriate educational requirements.
Related Work Experience
• Inpatient experience preferred
• Can additional experience substitute for education?
• Yes: Acute care clinical affiliations
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• The physical therapist must be licensed by the New Jersey Board of Physical Therapy in accordance with the Physical Therapy Practice Act of 1983.
• Current CPR certification
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Competency with assessment and treatment of patients with Physical Therapy needs and special programs such as Early mobility in the ICU and Total Joint Replacement programs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, customer service focus
• Must be competent to work independently in an unsupervised environment
• Basic computer skills to document in the EMR
• Weekend and Holidays on rotation basis
• Evening Hours as needed by programs
• Therapists working with special population such as NICU will need additional competency training as established.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs