Sabre Systems, Inc. Host Based Security System (HBSS) Systems Administrator (USMC Future Vertical Lift) in Patuxent River, United States
Sabre is currently hiring for a Host Based Security System (HBSS) Systems Administrator supporting(USMC Future Vertical Lift) one of our government customers. The selected candidate will configure, integrate, operate, and maintain the NAVAIR Host Based Security System (HBSS). Specific Requirements include:
• Perform system administration on the HBSS and integrate HBSS data (alerts, logs, data feeds, etc)
• monitor the HBSS for alerts, and assess and modify the HBSS operational parameters (filters, signatures, rules, etc.) when requested
• provide services supporting onsite security (HBSS, McAfee, Symantec) and authentication (Active Directory)
In addition, the selected candidate will gather requirements from teams, customers, and management; perform research and test configurations to determine the best solution to meet customer goals and objectives; import/create/modify HBSS Policy Sets; and Tag Creation/Modification Process Queries and Dashboards. Finally, the selected candidate will apply ITIL v3 best practices and adhere to established standard operating procedures; and demonstrates initiative, pro-activeness, and engagement with the rest of the Windows/HBSS/AWS Admin team. The candidate must have experience with HBSS 4.5 and its products, both at the ePO and Client level: ePO Management Suite; ABM - Asset Baseline Monitor; PA - Policy Auditor; HIPS - Host Intrusion Prevention System; RSD - Rogue Sensor Detection; Virus Protection; and DCM - Device Control Module. Experience performing IT system administration (Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc), including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, security, STIGs, IAVAs, IA compliance, etc. The selected candidate will perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
• Five (5) years using HBSS - Federal/DoD environment
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong results-oriented work ethic and customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to work independently and mentor less experienced staff
• Understanding of ITIL v3 and industry best practices
• Must have IAT Level II certifications
• Must have a current Security+ certification
• Must have OS Certification: (Microsoft, UNIX, or VMWare), -or- proof of successful completion of an OS class
• Must have the ability to successfully complete HBSS training course (DISA) within 30 days of employment
• Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor