AdventHealth Sterile Processing Assistant Central Sterile FT Weekend Nights South Orlando in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Sterile Processing Assistant - AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street, Orlando, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,00 0 outpatients each year
WORK SHIFT: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7 PM to 7 AM (holiday floats)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes, and management of supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and disinfects reusable medical equipment as per the manufacturer's instructions for use
- Communicates effectively with all hospital departments and with others within the department. Uses the chain of command as necessary to resolve issues.
- Develops a knowledge base by attending in-services and actively participating in orientation program.
- Unpacks and stores equipment and supplies used in the Sterile Processing departments.
- Transports clean and sterile equipment to different departments in the facility.
- Stocks workstations
- Helps maintain the cleanliness of the department
- At the completion of competency-based training the Sterile Processing
- Assistant may reprocess instrumentation in the decontamination, assembly and sterilization area under the direct supervision of a Supervisor, Educator or advanced Sterile Processing Technician.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer and respond to them in a pro-active, courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work under stress and deadlines
- Medical terminology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: N/A
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One year of experience in an acute care hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: N/A
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED: N/A
The Sterile Processing Assistant is an entry level position with an opportunity for advancement to Certified Central Service Technician. The employee must successfully complete the AdventHealth SPD Technician orientation process which includes a variety of competency check-off’s and sit for Central Service Tech Certification from IAHCSMM or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) to qualify for advancement.
Under supervision of the SPD Supervisor / Manager or Educator, the Sterile Processing Assistant will provide thoroughly cleaned and disinfected reusable medical equipment. Unpacks and stores equipment and supplies used in the Sterile Processing departments. Transports clean and sterile equipment to different departments in the facility. Stocks work stations and helps maintain the cleanliness of the department. At the completion of competency-based training the Sterile Processing Assistant may reprocess instrumentation in the decontamination, assembly and sterilization area under the direct supervision of a Supervisor, Educator or advanced Sterile Processing Technician. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs