AdventHealth Intake Coordinator Behavioral Health FT Night in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Remains abreast of all policies and standard operating procedures, facilitates patient throughput for hospitals in AdventHealth’s Advent Health’s 11-campus system with patients in the Emergency department and on medical floors. Acts as resource to hospital staff, patient families, and local psychiatric facilities.
- Maintains and follows placement of psychiatric patients presenting in the Emergency Department according to EMTALA.
- Updates and maintains Waitlist for patients awaiting placement in a Baker Act receiving facility, tracks community daily census for placement opportunities. Ensures legal documentation is accurate and appropriate prior to transfer of patients. Acts as a liaison between patients, receiving facilities, physicians and team members.
- Maintains continuity and accuracy in documentation, and timely follow up with units, departments, Center for Behavioral Health (CBH) and community leadership regarding placement barriers. Participates in daily conference calls and prepares reports as required to communicate barriers regarding patient placement. Escalates concerns and delays to appropriate leadership in a timely manner. Coordinates placement and transportation to facilities.
- Processes requests for admission from outside psychiatric facilities into Advent Health for medical treatment. Coordinates admission with the Center for Behavioral Health leadership team.
- Assists in training new Intake Coordinators, attends weekly staff meetings, and maintains current knowledge of operational processes.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related mental health care fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills and de-escalation skills in customer service matters
- Ability to document accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Scheduling flexibility: ability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs